GreenBiz.com reports on the top buyers of renewable energy.
WASHINGTON, Jan. 26, 2005 – The Green Power Top 25 list is the U.S. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s an annual ranking of American companies, organizations, and government institutions that have voluntarily bought the most renewable energy and are part of the EPA Green Power Partnership. EPA also announced its Green Power Partners are now purchasing more than 4 million megawatt hours of renewable energy, an increase of nearly 100% since the end of 2004.
The 2006 Top 25 green power purchasers are buying enough energy to power more than 300,000 homes a year, which is also comparable to removing the emissions of nearly 400,000 cars from the road annually. More than half of the Top 25 EPA green power purchasers are comprised of U.S. corporations, a number that continues to increase every year.
The complete list of Top 25 EPA Green Power Partners is as follows, listed in order of purchase size:
- U.S. Air Force
- Whole Foods Market
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Johnson & Johnson
- U.S Department of Energy
- The World Bank
- Safeway, Inc.
- U.S. General Services Administration (Region 2)
- HSBC North America
- City of Sand Diego, Calif.
- New Jersey Consolidated Energy Savings Program
- Advanced Micro Devices/Austin, Texas Facilities
- WhiteWave Foods
- Austin (Texas) Independent School District
- Mohawk Fine Papers, Inc 17. Mohawk Fine Papers, Inc.
- The Tower Companies
- FedEx Kinko’s
- U.S. Army/Fort Carson
- University of Pennsylvania
- Montgomery County, Md.
- Hyatt Regency/Reunion & DFW Airport Hotels
- Western Washington University
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania