Keep in mind…
- People need sufficient sleep to integrate learning into longterm memory.
- Because the brain “shuts off” after a period of time, learning should be
broken down into bite-size nuggets.
- Social pain—being rejected or berated—affects the brain the same as physical
- Social fairness and respect give the brain a chemical boost. Unfairness and
disrespect do the opposite.
- Stress can cause people to think unclearly.
- Uncertainty arouses fear circuits and can decrease ability to make
- Employees need some ownership over situations to better accept changes. Even
a little choice helps.
- Engaging people in more active learning techniques improves retention.
- Employees’ ability to think clearly can be hindered when employers fail to
meet expectations or create uncertainty in the workplace.